Newbie From Toronto Canada

Aug 18, 2011
:wave: Hi Everyone, first great site!!! We are looking to put in a inground pool the end of September/October, just a general question if you please what is better Fiberglass or Vinly??? I know there is a $$$ diff can any recommend any pool installers? We are looking at an 18 x 30. What should we budget? What some questions we should ask??

Thank you all in advance for all you help

Toronto,Ontario

There is a collection of articles under the "Pool school" (Construction...) link that you might helpful. As I have never had a pool built, I cannot offer any personal experience other than do your homework, which you seem to be working on now. :goodjob:

I put an above ground in with a deck, I planned that for nearly one year.

If your planning to put in an inground pool in 4-6 weeks and you haven't even firmed up a budget, or picked a type of pool or gotten a short list of contractors by this time I think your rushing it. Your planning a major construction job and as such you should spend the proper time planning, just my 2 cents but I'd spend the winter planning it thoroughly so you can execute early next year, otherwise your putting all your faith in the contractor.

We went with Gunite/Plaster, cost was about the same between liner and gunite. Cramar is right. We started the planning in Nov. of 2010 and started construction end of Feb 2011. It was a major up taking as it completely destroyed our back yard and route to the back yard. Winters come pretty quick here by the end of Oct. I think Toronto is about the same latitude as where I am. I wouldnt want to risk unfinished pipes freezing at the Gunite stage while you wait for plaster and water fill. Good luck to you!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.