A plant we have that I'd like to have more of...

JohnT

Admin
Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Apr 4, 2007
SW Indiana
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
]Red Bush[/url]

Anybody know what it's called?

This is about 18" diameter. It's green, and not much special during the summer, but the outer leaves turn red in the winter and stay that way until spring. It is not a burning bush. We bought it at Lowe's about three years ago. We always save the cards that come with plants, but apparently we lost this one.

Nandina - Firepower. I am fond of them also. When purchasing make sure it has the firepower suffix. The Nandina - Bamboo is a nice plant but gets about 6 to 8 feet tall and bears fruit.

John,

That's a nice example....very full looking. I didn't realize they flourished in your climate like that.

As already cautioned, don't get 'em mixed up with Nandina Bamboo.....mine are over 9 feet tall....one of my favorites!

Thanks all for the info. Now to find some.

Dave, it does very well here. Stuck off in a corner, it accidently got mowed down the spring after it was planted. Danged big bushhog swings waaaaaay out when you turn. As you can see, there's some snow on the ground with it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.