Intex 2650 sand filter, apparently low flow.

GreatCanadian

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 28, 2011
St. John's, Newfoundland
Hello everyone. Here's the deal. All the equipment mentioned here is brand new. Hooked up my Intex 2650 filter to my pool last week, and everything appeared to work fine (other than I didn't backwash enough - that's another story). Finally got around to connecting my heat pump last night, and the outlet flow into the pool appears to be significantly lower. Also the pressure gauge rose from about 6 psi to 11 psi. Backwashed, and same thing. I do have one small leak going from the heater to the SWG but not enough to account for low flow. I don't know how to link to other threads but Osiviper posted awhile back and showed a video of his low flow. Mine is like that or worse. The water being pumped through the heater couldn't have that much negative effect on flow could it?
GC

I disconnected the hose from the return inlet to the pool just to see how much flow I'm getting. The pump shoots the water about a foot to a foot and a half out of the hose....that doesn't seem like much flow at all...it's a 2650 gph pump. Can someone with the same filter as me (Intex Sand filter 2650 gph) please let me know about their flow? If my flow isn't proper I want to contact Intex, as it will soon be time to take the pool down and store it for the winter. I'd like to rectify this problem (if it is one) before I set up again next year. Thanks so much everyone for all the great advice I've received on this forum so far.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.