Poolandspawarehouse.com - legit? Please read...

mnormington

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 23, 2008
Burbank, IL
Hi all,

I wasn't sure what section to post this under, so feel free to move it if necessary.

I ordered a Liquidator from poolandspawarehouse.com Monday morning and haven't heard a peep out of them since. I emailed them to try and get the status of my order 3 times now with no answer. There is no customer service number listed on the website, either. When I try to check order status on the site it's an error message. Is this site legit? I know others here have dealt with them, that's why I did.

Did anyone else have this experience?

HELP!!

=##==##=#####==####===###==######=####=
=##==##=##==##=##=##=##=##===##===##===
=##==##=#####==##=##=#####===##===###==
=##==##=##=====##=##=##=##===##===##===
==####==##=====####==##=##===##===####=

Well the guy called me today (Thursday) and it turns out it was already shipped and will be here tomorrow. Much adieu about nothing, I guess. He says they are doing updates to their website and that's why the order status screen didn't work for me. They are on winter hours as well, so they are only there 1 or 2 days a week. No harm, no foul - turned out to be real nice people to deal with.

I did a little searching and found them under another name at the same address:

Centereach, NY 11720 Acme Pool & Spa 2384 Middle Country Road (631) 471-5800

Seems kind of shady that they don't have a contact number listed on their website.

I'm thinking of coming up with some sort of vetting process for businesses to be "TFP Endorsed" to try and keep our members from having to deal with operations like this.

Do you think this is a service TFP members would be interested in?

sounds like an excellent idea. how did you find this? I didn't even see an address on their site.

EDIT -- scratch that i see the address now. Thanks for the info. This is the best forum ever.

I called them and got an answering machine that said they are on winter hours. Seems reasonable. It is comforting to have a phone number. I'll give them a week or so and see what happens.

--EDIT

I like that idea as well. Searching for pool stuff on the internet you come up with these very shady pool web-stores many I wouldn't dare buy from. I think you can find a website with all the permutations of the words pool, spa, and, warehouse, wholesale, and supply.

Hi MNormington I bought my Liquidator from that sight and had no problems It came from California i think so it took some time to get to Ohio. Mine wasn't ordered in the off session ether. I had no problems with that sight. :-D
Ric W.

I know this is an old thread, but I am in the exact same position! I ordered from poolandspawarehouse 1 week ago, and the website has said the status is "in packing" since Tuesday 9am (it's now Sunday evening).

I've emailed asking if there is a problem, etc. but have received no response. Has anyone had any trouble with this site recently? I'm thinking of canceling the order if I don't hear from them by this Tuesday. It's not a big rush order or anything, but to me it's the principle - if you want to have customers, and eventually repeat customers, you need to show a little respect and at least answer their inquiries!

I got my solar cover from them back in March. Not really impressed with the order tracking; mine showed "payment received" from the day I ordered until the day I got it. I did get an answer to my email though.
--paulr

Just a quick update - I emailed again today, asking for the status of my order. They replied, and I was told their web software for tracking status wasn't that great, and that my Liquidator would arrive today. It did arrive, so all's good - just don't expect accurate order status tracking and you'll be fine.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.