Oldsmar, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Universal40
We moved into a new house about 8 months ago and we're trying to figure out all of our pool mysteries. At the shallow end we have this:

IMG_2495.jpg

It appears to be some kind of swim jet to swim against the current. That's what it appears to be but there must be something missing. The two pipes stubbed up through the top of the deck have caps on them (I ground them off to try to figure out what's going on here). Those two pipes just go straight down to the "jets" that are below the water line on the wall. What is weird too is those two jets are connected inside of the pool wall. If I squirt water from the hose into one of the jets I can feel it coming out of the other one. The two "grates" in the bottom of the wall seem to be attached to each other as well. Here are some other pictures:

IMG_2496.jpg

IMG_2497.jpg

IMG_2498.jpg

Inside one of the jets. You can see the pipe going up to the one stubbed through the deck. The pipe going back just loops around to the other jet.

IMG_2500.jpg

They don't seem to be tied into anything. All the pipes seem to dead end. I'll take a picture tomorrow of all of the equipment. I do have a blower out by my pump but haven't gotten it to turn on yet. I have a switch next to my pool light switch that doesn't do anything right now so I need to do some investigating. I guess if I can get the blower to turn on I might see some air come out of the jets.

I've made some progress but still not there yet. I didn't get a chance to take a picture of the equipment yet, but I did do some investigating after dark tonight. The switch next to the light switch is the blower switch. The blower needs to be replaced. I pulled it off of the pipe is was on top of and used a hose to squirt water down the pipe. Eventually water came out of the jets in the spa. Nothing came out of the mysterious jets in the pool though. I'll still try to get a picture of the equipment but I've traced every pipe now and none of them feed the jets in the pool.

AGT said:
Have you feed a fish tape or anything to route the pipe?

Which pipe? I tried a fish tape through one of the jets in the pool and tried one down one of the pipes stubbed up in the deck. Neither one got me anywhere. Should I try one down the blower pipe?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It looks like a "stupid man's" swim jet system - the stupid man being the builder, not the consumer. The grates at the bottom look like they may originally have been the suction for a pump, the two underwater pipes being the returns, and the deck pipes are the venturi. Perhaps/hopefully it was disconnected at some time past due to it's extremely hazardous design. Unfortunately, there are builders who charge a couple extra thousand bucks for this and call it "swim jets". I can't see what's behind the deck at this point, but if you were to dig back there, you might find the pipes cut and capped to disable this. If you look around by your equipment, perhaps buried now, you might also find some abandoned pipes that may feed this.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.