Bonita Springs Pool Build - Absentee Owner

Jul 27, 2009
I had asked some questions a few months ago and got some useful information. Brent in Jacksonville was helpful in talking to me on the phone which added some very useful information in the completion of the items for our pool.

We will be down in about a week for a much needed vacation for 8 days and then will not return until Thanksgiving.

All work on the pool is being done with the many recommendations given for this pool builder.

I will include pictures that our weekly valet service takes with his cell phone. Not the best but all I have.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 521
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 521
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 521
I would also heartily recommend some gutters on that back roofline to minimize the rain runoff into the pool area. The old pool guys (builders) I talk to say that erosion around the pool due to runoff is their long term main problem that causes major structural issues with the pools they build.

All for now.

Will take more in week and a half. Doubt if much more is done by then but who knows.

Thanks.

Attachments

• 10.1.jpg
    10.1.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 502
  • 11.1.jpg
    11.1.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 502
  • 12.1.jpg
    12.1.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 502
PoolGuyNJ said:
There is either too much sand surrounding the pool or the pool was shot to low. When graded, water should run away from the pool edge.

A drain will be needed between the house and the pool.

Scott

In the price (contract is a 8" drain between the house and pool.

Lershac said:
I would also heartily recommend some gutters on that back roofline to minimize the rain runoff into the pool area. The old pool guys (builders) I talk to say that erosion around the pool due to runoff is their long term main problem that causes major structural issues with the pools they build.

In the contract is provision for gutters at the rear of the house for drainage. All decking will be sloped away from the house.

The sand was piled up high because of the daily rains.

If you notice the picture of the screened lanai and the pool on the left, the drain will be put at the end of the existing concrete and screen (present concrete slopes away from the house). The screen will be removed and pavers (1") will be put on top of the concrete to match the pavers around the pool and then everything will be covered with a new lanai.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My homewatch only takes pictures after something is done, so that is why the delay in posting pictures. The builder was told we would not be down and to take their time and "do a good job"..:)

Attachments

• 100_0825.JPG
    100_0825.JPG
    100.1 KB · Views: 329
  • 100_0828.JPG
    100_0828.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 329
  • 100_0829.JPG
    100_0829.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 329
more and then will probably post the final pics after the screen goes up and finish put on the pool.

Attachments

• 100_0837.JPG
    100_0837.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 327
  • 100_0837.JPG
    100_0837.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 327
  • 100_0840.JPG
    100_0840.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 327

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.