Autopilot hiccup ---- What went wrong?

Steve456

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 3, 2008
Texas
When I tested my pool water for Cl on Friday night I determined that the Cl was too low. I checked the SWG and found that the filter pump was on and the Autopilot Check System light was blinking. The display was not working properly; the display showed only vertical lines. No error messages. I pressed the menu button to try to force a new display. Gibberish appeared on the display. Strange symbols or characters. Then the display went blank and the Check System light went off. It appeared that the unit had lost power. My first thought was that the circuit boards must have died. The SWG is located inside a pool house not exposed to the sun or rain. Since the temperature was still over 90 I decided to attempt to diagnose the problem early Saturday morning when the temperature would be cooler.

Saturday morning I thought that I should start by checking the fuses. I flipped a circuit breaker off and back on. The display came on showing “Cleaning”. The amps were 6.5 and the volts were 23. Power Level 2. The Autopilot clock had the correct time. The SWG ran all day Saturday and generated a normal amount of CL. So far on Sunday the unit appears to be working normally.

We have not had any lighting or thunderstorms. It has been so long since we have had thunder that my dog has gained confidence.

My water now:
FC = 4
CC = 0
pH = 7.5
TA = 80
CH = 230
CYA = 65
Salt 3,300 per SWG

So, what happened? What might have gone wrong?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.