182 oz 6% bleach = how many 1lb bags of shock?

I plugged the numbers in when I was using the calculator a few minutes ago. Almost even. 5.4 vs 5.5 on my pool, assuming 73% cal-hypo, gallon to pound.

I also discovered something quite handy. For my 16000 gallon pool, one trichlor puck will raise CYA 2 ppm. I shoved 5 in the floater before we left town last week, they're pretty much gone now, and when I tested, it seemed like CYA jumped awful fast. But, in fact, it jumped exactly what it was supposed to. Back to jugs again until I replace some more water to lower CH.

If you decide to use cal-hypo, which is what is often in those 1 lb bags, you ought to compare the cost of the big bucket of 73% cal-hypo. If you can use cal-hypo from time to time, it is way cheaper in the big bucket. Like nearly $1.20 per lb last time I got some at Leslie's, I think that is the Power Powder Pro but do check the ingredients.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.