Is 325 sf ft cartridge filter large enough?

Jun 9, 2011
Hi all,

I posted a couple of weeks ago asking for help selecting a cartridge filter. I have a 22,000 gal IG pool and the concensus was 425 sq foot filter. I informed the builder of my choice and he assured me that it would be at least 425 sq ft. Well, now that everything was installed, I went to update my profile with the actuals and he only installed a 325 sq ft filter :grrrr: .

I haven't made the final payment yet, so I am not concerned with the difference in price or that I didn't get what I paid for since I will make sure that we square up. My question is if I should live with the 325 sq ft filter or should I push him to exchange it for the larger 425 sq ft filter?

Thanks in advance.

There is a sand filter in the contract and I requested a cartridge filter at 425 sq ft as an upgrade. We have not yet settled on the up charge and that is why I am not concerned about the cost at this point.

I am confident that I can get him to swap out for a larger unit if it was really necessary - if I can get away with the 325 sq ft filter I would likely keep the one that is there now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.