Tiger shark - motor issue?

calkat

Jul 19, 2011
Hi all.

Frustrated with my Tiger Shark and I can't seem to live without it!

It runs through the self test and then the propeller is pushing water, but then it doesn't go anywhere!

I have changed all the rollers thinking it was a roller issue. That is all I've ever replaced in the past.

Anyone have any experience with the Tiger Shark and what this issue could be.

I'm stuck, kinda too far in to turn around and just buy another robot...I replaced the power supply at end of last season ($150).....bought all the new roller parts this week ($200).....hate to loose that money but a new motor is $300!

Your help is appreciated!

:hammer:

calkat said:
Hi all.

Frustrated with my Tiger Shark and I can't seem to live without it!

It runs through the self test and then the propeller is pushing water, but then it doesn't go anywhere!

I have changed all the rollers thinking it was a roller issue. That is all I've ever replaced in the past.

Anyone have any experience with the Tiger Shark and what this issue could be.

I'm stuck, kinda too far in to turn around and just buy another robot...I replaced the power supply at end of last season ($150).....bought all the new roller parts this week ($200).....hate to loose that money but a new motor is $300!

Your help is appreciated!

:hammer:

this isn't very difficult. put the thing in the water and and flip it over, very easy if you have wide cement steps out of your pool like I do. turn it on and see if the wheels are spinning, if not, your drive motor is likely toast. if thats the case, I would buy a new one. its not worth fixing and fixing and fixing. IMHO the only ones marginally worth fixing out of warranty are the nitro cleaners where you can buy the parts and pop them in yourself for (somewhat) reasonable prices.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.