TA 40 CH220 PH 8.0 SWG

brakes

LifeTime Supporter
May 24, 2008
Is my TA too low?

I have been neglecting the cement pond and the other folks here are not up to speed.

I have been adding about a gallon of acid each 7-10 days, as I have since the pool was built, it usually lands around 7.2 and raises to 8.0 when next check.

I have tried to get them to minimize tub spill over due to the aeration.

So I am back at the helm for a bit and looking to know if I should raise the TA to like 60 then chase down the pH with acid? or is that just a circular path?

38k gallons, swg

thanks

You should post a full set of water test results. The appropriate TA level depends on a number of factors and interacts with what your CH level should be, none of which we are able to comment on without a full set of test results. Also, how old is your plaster?

dang, ok, well, that was part of the issue, was that R-0013 goes so fast, last time i ordered agents i only ordered one bottle and its gone.. I will have to go to the dreaded pool store for a test... My plaster is about 4 years or so...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.