Air in the system

Technigogo

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 28, 2011
Austin, Texas
I'm looking for ideas on the "not as likely" reasons. This started about 3 weeks ago. No significant changes to the pool mechanics were made. Here is what I have tried so far:

• 1. Backwashed filter thoroughly and recharged DE. Pressure is good at 20 PSI which is 2lb above fresh full disassembly and clean PSI
    2. Thoroughly cleaned the pump strainer cover, gasket, regreased etc.
    3. Checked for cracks in the cover and pump housing - NONE
    4. Tighten pump drain plug and see no evidence of leakage.
    5. Wrapped the inlet pipe connection with rubberized waterproof tape to ensure seal. The connection was old looking and I thought this was it... but alas, no difference
    6. Individually turned off each skimmer, main drain, spa drain to see if I could isolate air leak but no luck. It makes no difference.

I'm at a loss. I have NOT tried running a water hose over the short section from 3-way to pump. I guess that's next unless the TFP community gives me any better suggestions. Do you think the Jandy valve could be the culprit?

Attachments

• intake.JPG
    intake.JPG
    177 KB · Views: 51
  • pump.JPG
    pump.JPG
    173.5 KB · Views: 51
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.