Need some help with design

Jan 27, 2010
I need some feedback on a design. I have limited space and I would like to optimize it as best as possible. I'm not sure on how or what angle I want the BBQ and island to face. I had the natural gas installed a few years ago when the pool was built. I just finished the palapa a few weeks ago and kinda wanted to have the one pole incorporated into the island. I was trying to design it so the bar would face the pool and not be looking at a wall. My idea was to have their backs to the house. I've been messing around with different positions of the tape and I am not getting the look/layout I am happy with. Also I am looking to put a small sectional couch under the palapa as well. The palapa is about 15' wide by 17' long. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0641.jpg
    IMG_0641.jpg
    439.9 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_0642.jpg
    IMG_0642.jpg
    457.2 KB · Views: 310
I would have it designed so friends could sit on barstools towards the wall, with a view towards the yard (and pool?). The food prep/bar area would be on the other side facing the house. You might even add a flat screen TV above so your friends can watch the game while you cook and make drinks. Looks like a nice setup.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.