Hi there from S.W. Ontario

We have had an intex easy-set 15' x 42" for 4 yrs, done the usual pump replacement etc and this year patched 4 pinholes...........
Bought a sandfilter this year and are ready to put the pool to rest before it develops a big hole !
Picked up a permanent 15' round above ground pool last month and am ready to prep the ground this fall once the intex is gone
and put up the new pool for next summer.
I struggled this year just like every other year trying to maintain the water chemistry, then started reading this forum a few weeks ago and feel
ready and armed with BBB method for next summer. We dont have a "pool store" in town, just walmart and cdn tires limited pool chemical offering
so doing my own testing and buying everyday products off the walmart shelf really works for me.
We pretty much filled it and left it until it started to turn green before dumping chemicals in and hoping for the best........... which of course did not work.
The water is clear now and in good condition but fine white particles settle on the bottom and it gets cloudy when its stirred up. I have tried adding various clarifiers and added D.E. to the sand filter but so far its still cloudy. Not going to worry about it too much for the remainder of this year as the kids will be back
to school soon, but next year I will be following the advised maintenance schedule here and hopefully keeping the new pool in tip-top condition.
Oh, and we added a 4' x 20' sungrabber panel on the roof which really works well !

great forum BTW