Power/operational requirements

timdog

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 18, 2011
Hey all, just completing my research and I notice a lot of pump run time issues with swcg's. I have a 2 speed pump for a 30' (figuring 22000 gal with 54" walls) which I run in low speed 24/7. That is 1/8th hp in low so I figure less than $1.70 or so a day. Does a swcg pump Cl all the time while the pump is running? A lot of the posts have show people over-chlorinating their pools while only running 6 hrs a day. Is this a major concern for cell life? Any other issues I am missing would be greatly appreciated.n I was considering the Compupool CPSC-48...should I reconsider? Maybe downsizing to the xx
Thanks,
Tim

soon to be a LTM

You just need to adjust the percentage on the SWCG to match the run time you have selected. You also need to make sure that your pump will provide sufficient flow for the generator to safely operate or it won't generate.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.