Water Cloudy....

linen said:
How long has it been looking cloudy? What is your CH level?

I would probably raise the water up to the top of the FC normal range for your pool (or go up to shock level) and do an OCLT http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-school/overnight_fc_test to see if you should be fighting something.

I did a OCLT test actually. My FC at midnight last night was 4.0 and CC was 0. It was the same thing for both at 9am. It just started looking cloudy last night when I came home.

94SupraTT said:
I did a OCLT test actually. My FC at midnight last night was 4.0 and CC was 0. It was the same thing for both at 9am. It just started looking cloudy last night when I came home.
Good job! Since your FC was on the low side, you might want to raise it up and try the OCLT again tonight. I have seen low FC OCLT tests be 0 change, and still have algae. You won't be hurting anything, and it will help eliminate (or not) organisms being your problem.

Let us know your CH level. Also, what is your chlorine source?

It would be helpful if you entered your pool/equipment details in your sig.

linen said:
94SupraTT said:
Good job! Since your FC was on the low side, you might want to raise it up and try the OCLT again tonight. I have seen low FC OCLT tests be 0 change, and still have algae. You won't be hurting anything, and it will help eliminate (or not) organisms being your problem.

Let us know your CH level. Also, what is your chlorine source?

It would be helpful if you entered your pool/equipment details in your sig.

I am currently using 6% bleach as my chlorine source. I just added 143oz of bleach to try to get my FC to 7.0. I'll test for CH shortly and post results.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.