High FC without Intellichlor running

coog61

Nov 6, 2009
Richmond, TX
Today I noticed the lights on the Intellichlor were out (hopefully just a fuse). It may have not been producing for a few days, so I checked the FC and the reading was orange. Has never been this high. How can I have a FC off the charts with the cell not running? And its been +100F here the last several weeks. I did add CYA last week and the FC was about 5ppm then.

Thanks

coog61 said:
Today I noticed the lights on the Intellichlor were out (hopefully just a fuse). It may have not been producing for a few days, so I checked the FC and the reading was orange. Has never been this high. How can I have a FC off the charts with the cell not running? And its been +100F here the last several weeks. I did add CYA last week and the FC was about 5ppm then.

Thanks
You can't have FC without a source. Are you sure the cell was not producing...maybe the lights just are not working? How are you testing for FC?

Prior I had tested with the HTC kit. Now just retested with the T-50 kit. Wow, it recorded ~17 ppm FC (yes 35*0.5). I wondering if before the cell went out if it possibly generated these high levels. I have turned if off and will test again tomorrow.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.