Pleasanton, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I didn't realize until I was having trouble droping the PH in my pool that Home Depot had changed from 29% to 15% acid in our area. However, they did not change the price which really pisses me off. Lowe's still has the 29% kem-tech. From now on, I will be looking at the labels a bit closer.

Just wanted to see if that was the case in other parts of the country.

Since 10-15% muriatic acid is often used to clean concrete surfaces that is probably why they are carryig the lower concentration at the Hardware 'big box' stores. It could also be a safety issue. This is why Walmart and some other large retail chains now only sell the 48% cal hypo!

Perhaps, but they sell it in the pool section with the other chemicals so I assume it is for PH balancing.

Our local Lowe's and Home Depot are still selling this stuff. Just bought a 2-pack this week:

61.jpg

My Home Depot sells the 31% as in Texasgirl's post. However, it costs $9.97 for 2 gals and my local pool store sells the same % for $4.33 a gal. Much cheaper at the pool store. This shows that is important to compare apples to apples when shopping. Also my pool store sells 10.5% chlorine at $4.04 for 2.5 gals and another pool supply sells at $3.50 for 2.5 gal of 10% chlorine. Much cheaper than Home Depot's 4 gallons of 10% for $9.97.

I buy 31% acid at a local farm supply store called Atwoods. I'm sure it could be found at other farm stores like Tractor Supply. It is always much cheaper than HD and Lowe's. The only problem is if you buy too much at once the store clerks might think you are running a meth lab.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.