Super Bowl

Voldaddy

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 31, 2007
OK, who do you guys & gals have winning the game, and what kind of food do you have?

Patriots 37
Giants 28

wings
LOTS of guacomole
chili cheese dip
salsa
cheeseball
sausage balls
marinated potatos
chips
shrimp rings
veggie trays [have to act like we are eating healthy]
fondue-crab
lots of sweets

We usually have 10-12 people over, and as you can see, it's a finger food type thing. Interested to see what everyone else does, maybe give me some new ideas.

Voldaddy said:
OK, who do you guys & gals have winning the game, and what kind of food do you have?
Patriots 37
Giants 28

:arrow: Welcome aboard Voldaddy. I just registered a few days ago. :lol:

Whoever wins it should be a good game even though I wish Green Bay was here.
I just live about 10 minutes from the Glendale stadium and don't plan on going out.
This area is going crazy. Homes and Apt are renting for crazy amounts. I even saw a guy renting his 5th wheel parked in his backyard for $500 a day. LOL

Beer, chicken wings, wifes homemade southwest chile dip for natchos and MORE BEER! :lol: :lol:
On the score all I will say is Giants will win.

Iggy in Surprise Az

Here in Ct. the state is fairly split on loyalties, but I would like to see the Giants win (as they were my team when I grew up [ok... I never grew up... :p ] in NJ)

Welcome to TFP Iggy :!: :!: (I wholeheartedly agree that BEER!! is worth mentioning 2X on any Superbowl menu :goodjob: )

:cheers: to all and let's hope for a good game :wink: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Speaking of food, I'm looking for a method to make chicken wings which doesn't involve deep fat frying. Anybody have any good recipes? I have a couple of decent marinades/sauces but I need preparation tips. Grilling is not likely to be an option as we're still looking at some pretty nasty weather. We were completely shut down today due to ice.

I'm thinking of broiling the wings to get some color on them, then swishing them around in a bowl with the sauce/marinade, drain, and then bake at 325 F until the meat falls off the bones.

How do you cook wings?

Hi Anna, sorry to say, but the only way I cook wings is to fry them, then hot sauce and butter. We have a BBQ restaurant called Sticky Fingers and they smoke their wings. I was skeptical, because if it isn't clogging my arteries, then it doesn't taste good. They are phenomenal!

Here's a quick recipe a local sports talk show swore by:
cream cheese
A1 sauce

That's it. Put the softened cream cheese in a bowl, pour the A1 over it, and consume. I am going to try it out, as it sounds like a recipe even I can fix. :lol:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Clogged arteries aside . . . :)

My problem with deep fat frying is the disposal of the oil. I know there are places you can take used oil but the whole idea of collecting it in a jug and having it sit around the garage or some place until I go dump it just puts me off.

Then again, that water current generator RT pointed out runs on 'vegetable oil' which I take to mean biodiesel. Now there's a nice cottage industry for me to get into. Deep fried wings and biodiesel!

Your dip of cream cheese and A1 sauce sounds very, um, manly :)

Secret Wing Recipe my Wife Uses. Sheee

5 lbs of Chicken Wings
1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Soy Sauce
3 Tablespoon spoons of vinegar
1 teaspoon Ginger
1 1/2 teaspoons of garlic powder

In a large disposable aluminum baking pan add chicken wings
Mix sugar, soy sauce, vinager, ginger and garlic powder.
Pour the mixture over all the wings in the pan
Bake at 300 degrees SLOWLY until chicken is glazed. This usually takes 4 hours
Stir 2 or 3 times during cooking.

This may be a long cooking time but you will really appreciate the end results. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Iggy in Arizona

Voldaddy said:
Sorry crab, but I am sick to death of the '72 Dolphins, especially Mercury Morris.

I 110% agree with you...he's done a really good job of making an Rear out of himself though...

as for the game...I found a Giant fan willing to bet me $100...straight win/loss bet...guess who I'm pulling for...

watch out though....Cowboys will be there next year! (lifetime fan...no bandwagon here...)

GIANTS WIN, and that was a beautyful Cadillac Escalade, makes me want to trade my Enclave RIGHT NOW. but the price online was like 70,000 OUCH, thats NEW POOL territory right there, with a deck and new french doors for the bedroom and kitchen AND DEN. :shock:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.