Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Super Bowl

1. Back To Top    #1

Super Bowl

OK, who do you guys & gals have winning the game, and what kind of food do you have?

Patriots 37
    Giants 28

wings
    LOTS of guacomole
    chili cheese dip
    salsa
    cheeseball
    sausage balls
    marinated potatos
    chips
    shrimp rings
    veggie trays [have to act like we are eating healthy]
    fondue-crab
    lots of sweets

We usually have 10-12 people over, and as you can see, it's a finger food type thing. Interested to see what everyone else does, maybe give me some new ideas.
    18x36 IG oval w/vinyl liner, 21k gallon, sand filter, Aquabot cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Super Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Voldaddy
    OK, who do you guys & gals have winning the game, and what kind of food do you have?
    Patriots 37
    Giants 28

Welcome aboard Voldaddy. I just registered a few days ago.

Whoever wins it should be a good game even though I wish Green Bay was here.
    I just live about 10 minutes from the Glendale stadium and don't plan on going out.
    This area is going crazy. Homes and Apt are renting for crazy amounts. I even saw a guy renting his 5th wheel parked in his backyard for $500 a day. LOL

Beer, chicken wings, wifes homemade southwest chile dip for natchos and MORE BEER!
    On the score all I will say is Giants will win.

Iggy in Surprise Az
    In-Ground SWG pool 11,000 gal., Jandy CL460 Filter, 1.5hp Stealth Jandy pump, Paramount PV3 In-Floor cleaning sys., Goldline SWG, Hayward Color Logic 2.5 LED Light

3. Back To Top    #3
    You guys are making me HUNGRY!

I'm just hoping the game is a good, close one and not a big snore.
    11,000 gal. gunite w/midnight blue and white pearl PebbleTec
    Intelliflo 4x160 pump
    Intellichlor IC-20 SWG
    Pentair cartridge filter 420 sq. ft.
    Mastertemp 400K BTU heater
    Legend Platinum cleaner
    Pool School
    JasonLion's Pool Calculator
    TF Test Kits

4. Back To Top    #4

Here in Ct. the state is fairly split on loyalties, but I would like to see the Giants win (as they were my team when I grew up [ok... I never grew up... :P ] in NJ)

Welcome to TFP Iggy (I wholeheartedly agree that BEER!! is worth mentioning 2X on any Superbowl menu )

to all and let's hope for a good game
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

5. Back To Top    #5

Down with the Patriots, I'm all about preserving the Dolphins '72 record.
    Gary
    21k gal SW, IG Gunite PebbleSheen, 1HP Jandy, Jandy 340 filter, Polaris 280, 17' fiberglass slide w/ 2HP pump.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Sorry crab, but I am sick to death of the '72 Dolphins, especially Mercury Morris.

7. Back To Top    #7

Yes, Iggy, I wish the Greeen Bay Packers were coming to AZ (just wait 'til next year... ). I'll be cheering for the Giants to upset those darned Patriots.

No food set up as yet, but pizza will be the main edible!
    Sandy

15,600 gallon, screened 15 x 30 sport pool with 6 x 8 baja shelf, IG plaster (Diamondbrite??), Hayward cartridge filter, 1-HP Hayward pump, Hayward/EUS Mark VI heat pump, Polaris 280, AquaRite SWCG

8. Back To Top    #8
    Giant fan here!!! WOOHOOOT!

9. Back To Top    #9
    Speaking of food, I'm looking for a method to make chicken wings which doesn't involve deep fat frying. Anybody have any good recipes? I have a couple of decent marinades/sauces but I need preparation tips. Grilling is not likely to be an option as we're still looking at some pretty nasty weather. We were completely shut down today due to ice.

I'm thinking of broiling the wings to get some color on them, then swishing them around in a bowl with the sauce/marinade, drain, and then bake at 325 F until the meat falls off the bones.

How do you cook wings?
    — AnnaK —

12,000 gal AGP, Hayward sand filter, Pentair 2-speed pump, timer.
    Please visit our Pool Issues pages for information about step weights, managing the solar cover, and PoolSkim.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Hi Anna, sorry to say, but the only way I cook wings is to fry them, then hot sauce and butter. We have a BBQ restaurant called Sticky Fingers and they smoke their wings. I was skeptical, because if it isn't clogging my arteries, then it doesn't taste good. They are phenomenal!

Here's a quick recipe a local sports talk show swore by:
    cream cheese
    A1 sauce

That's it. Put the softened cream cheese in a bowl, pour the A1 over it, and consume. I am going to try it out, as it sounds like a recipe even I can fix.

11. Back To Top    #11
    Clogged arteries aside . . .

My problem with deep fat frying is the disposal of the oil. I know there are places you can take used oil but the whole idea of collecting it in a jug and having it sit around the garage or some place until I go dump it just puts me off.

Then again, that water current generator RT pointed out runs on 'vegetable oil' which I take to mean biodiesel. Now there's a nice cottage industry for me to get into. Deep fried wings and biodiesel!

Your dip of cream cheese and A1 sauce sounds very, um, manly
    — AnnaK —

Please visit our Pool Issues pages for information about step weights, managing the solar cover, and PoolSkim.

12. Back To Top    #12
    Secret Wing Recipe my Wife Uses. Sheee

5 lbs of Chicken Wings
    1 Cup Sugar
    1 Cup Soy Sauce
    3 Tablespoon spoons of vinegar
    1 teaspoon Ginger
    1 1/2 teaspoons of garlic powder

In a large disposable aluminum baking pan add chicken wings
    Mix sugar, soy sauce, vinager, ginger and garlic powder.
    Pour the mixture over all the wings in the pan
    Bake at 300 degrees SLOWLY until chicken is glazed. This usually takes 4 hours
    Stir 2 or 3 times during cooking.

This may be a long cooking time but you will really appreciate the end results.

Iggy in Arizona
    In-Ground SWG pool 11,000 gal., Jandy CL460 Filter, 1.5hp Stealth Jandy pump, Paramount PV3 In-Floor cleaning sys., Goldline SWG, Hayward Color Logic 2.5 LED Light

13. Back To Top    #13
    You're going to be in trouble for sharing but thanks!!!!
    — AnnaK —

14. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by Voldaddy
    Sorry crab, but I am sick to death of the '72 Dolphins, especially Mercury Morris.

I 110% agree with you...he's done a really good job of making an ***** out of himself though...

as for the game...I found a Giant fan willing to bet me $100...straight win/loss bet...guess who I'm pulling for...

watch out though....Cowboys will be there next year! (lifetime fan...no bandwagon here...)
    My pool works thanks to TFP

Please support the site! pages/supporters/

It's cheaper than your first trip to the pool store!

15. Back To Top    #15

Re: Super Bowl

It's Eli Manning, As Giants Stun Patriotes and Brady to Squash Undefeated Season..
    It was a fair game until the last 5 minutes of the 4th.

Iggy

16. Back To Top    #16
    GIANTS WIN, and that was a beautyful Cadillac Escalade, makes me want to trade my Enclave RIGHT NOW. but the price online was like 70,000 OUCH, thats NEW POOL territory right there, with a deck and new french doors for the bedroom and kitchen AND DEN.