Intex pump replacement looks different

GreatCanadian

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 28, 2011
St. John's, Newfoundland
Hello all,
I recently purchased an Intex sand filter system with a pump rated at 2100 GPH. Lo and behold, the pump wouldn't work. While on a phone call with an Intex customer service rep, he figured the pump motor was defective and would send a replacement motor. That was Auguse 4th and I received the package today. That's certainly great service as I live on the east coast of Canada and it was shipped from west coast of the US. Apparently, they sent the whole pump and motor unit, and not just the pump. However, the replacement looks different than the original. I'll try to attach some pictures but here are the differences I noticed. My concern is that I want to be sure that I didn't receive a pump with a lower flow rate than the 2100 gph pump I originally purchased.

1. The outlet to the sand filter comes up through the center on the original pump (2100) and off to the side on the new pump.

2. The intake connection on the original pump has one O-ring, and the new pump has two O-rings.

3. The intake connection on the original pump has more threads than the new pump.

4. The plug on the new pump has reset and test buttons, while the original does not.

5. There is an INTEX logo on the top of the new pump, and not on the original pump.

Any information about this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

GC

Attachments

• IMG_0320.JPG
    IMG_0320.JPG
    112.4 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0321.JPG
    IMG_0321.JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 75
Well thanks very much...that's great to hear.....and get this...when my wife purchased it at Walmart, when they scanned it it came up for $112. Originally priced at $260, on sale for $200. My wife asked "Are you sure that's right?"....the lady said, "Well, that's what it scanned at". Needless to say, I am now a happy camper.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.