PH drift and heat?

Jan 7, 2011
North Texas
Ah Texas! Close to hitting the record in 100+ days and wondering if this is affecting my PH. Our pool was replastered in March, so I know it's still technically "curing" and was wondering if the combination of a gazillion 100+ days + curing would account for the drift. The last several weeks I have been adding MA almost daily to keep it in the 7.5-7.2 range. Just rechecked my TA and it's at 50. At the moment my FC is about a 1, but I will be adding my daily bottle of bleach after the sun gets off the pool. It does get full sun all day until about 6:30 in the evening and I am pretty sure adding daily is par for the course with the intense heat and sun. Have not checked CYA this week, but as of 2 weeks ago it was at 60 I think...I remember it was within range.
Input on the Ph drift?
Thanks!!
B

The higher water temperatures will cause faster outgassing of carbon dioxide, which will cause faster pH rise.

If your calcium is not too high, then you could keep the pH closer to 7.8, and that should help a lot.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.