Could it be mustard algae?

May 13, 2009
Mn
I have only had a cc of .5 twice. My fc stays high if we don't use the pool and keep the cover on. We are constantly battling "silt" on the bottom of the pool. Not on the sides. Last night swimming we figured something was up cause the water felt sticky. Checked fc and cc. Fc was 5 and cc was 0.

Checked it this morning and fc was 4.5 with cc of .5. Yes the sun was shining on the pool (cover on) but I check the pool often enough to know that the few morning hours of sun don't matter.

Here are the results:
Fc 4.5
Cc .5
Ph 7.5
TA 250
Ch 350
Cya 40-50
Temp 89

I know I shouldn't but I did put in algaecide on Saturday. I've used it a few other weeks too when I thought we weren't going to be around to tend to the pool. - biogaurd's inhibit product.

My fc was 8 on Sunday.

We live about 1 mile from a gravel road and there is farmland behind us. Currently the crops are just growing so no dust from there. The water is clear. I can vacuum up the "silt". It easily brushes away and there was hardly any in the pool last night.

Thanks

My neighbor had "silt" looking a material that vacuumed fine. I thought it might be pollen, but it kept showing up. I did the OCLT, and measured a loss of 2.5 ppm of FC, we are shocking now and not seeing anymore "silt". You might want to try and OCLT?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.