Returned from 12-day vacation

Prav

LifeTime Supporter
Nov 23, 2010
Miami, FL
Beautiful weather in So. California - especially San Diego. Extremely pleasant temps, though we did not pack for the slightly cooler temps at night. Way better than what was going on in Miami, that's for sure.

So, as outlined here, I had a general plan for pool maintenance during our absence. I haven't spoken to my neighbor, so I'm not sure when he dumped the 5 gallons of CL, but this was the the test result upon return:

FC = 4
CC = 0
pH = 7.8
CYA = 50
Alk = 60
CH = 400
Water clear - just a lot of debris in bottom and floating - the pool vac seems to be messed up (started noticing in the days leading up to departure) and the skimmer was probably not working at its best (seems to have rained a LOT since the pool was so full I drained out 1" of water yesterday).

So put in some CL to get it back up to 7-8 and MA to get it down to the mid-7s, tried to get the vac to work better (maybe the subject of another post), brushed, and jumped in. I wonder why my CYA did not go up more (each tab is supposed to add 9 and I put in 3 tabs - can't believe I had so much rain dilution, maybe some testing error margin?), but I'll call this a successful BBB vacataion maintenanance!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.