Hi from Arizona. New pool

iggy

Jan 24, 2008
The Cool Part of Arizona
Hi Everyone,
I have been lurking around awhile and finally decided to jump onboard.
I live in Surprise Arizona and as I write my new inground pool is 99% complete.
It is a salt pool with in-floor cleaning and a few other things. You can see more in my signature below.
I also just added a few pictures on my Windows Live space.
http://iggyaz.spaces.live.com/

The pool is done but no salt added yet as we are waiting another few weeks before we start.
I have been balancing the water the best I can and seem to be coming along ok.
We initally added a gal of liquid chlorine and 6 lbs of CYA powder. Since then I have added about a gal of muratic acid and now I plan to wait and see what happens in the next two weeks.

Right now most of the numbers are stable.
FC 5
TC 5
PH 7.6-7.8
TA 170
CA 250
CYA 100
CSI + .01

Again hi and feel free to write as I plan to be involved in this forum.

Iggy in Arizona
8) :lol: Where the pool season starts April 1st and ends Nov 30th :lol: 8)

Welcome to TFP!

That looks really nice!

Your TA looks to be fairly high. High TA along with the waterfall, and SWG when it is turned on, is going to tend to push up the PH. I am also a little concerned about the CYA level, since many of the tests will read levels far higher than 100 as 100. For that reason it isn't a good idea to allow CYA to go above 80 or perhaps 90.

Jason

TA readings are now 140. Last night I added 32 oz of Muractic Acid.
My ph is 7.6 and will watch it when the salt system is added.
The CYA is 100 because the builder dumped 6 lbs of CYA in and he was figuring a larger capacity pool. Oh well.
The FC and TC will have to work their way down naturally as well as CYA.
Luckily we are expecting rain tomorrow and I'm hoping for at least an inch which should help a lot.

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks
Iggy in Arizona 8)

Sure you can

SeanB said:
Great pool Iggy. I think I would like living in Arizona. I always love the look of the houses and pools of our Arizona members.

Would you mind if I added your pool to the slideshow, or do you have another picture you would like to use?

Sean,
First off thank you getting me on you website.
You can use whatever picture you like from here or from my Windows Live site.
http://iggyaz.spaces.live.com/
I think I will take a picture from my roof to get a full shot of the whole yard and pool.

Thanks,
Iggy in AZ

cwstnsko said:
What company did your pool? It has an almost uncanny resemblance to my pool :)

Mine was done by Precision Pools in 2004. They later merged with Premier Pools.

Chris W

Chris,
My wife and I actually designed it from scratch and the builder was A&K Custom Pools and Remodels. The are located on Elliot Road Phoenix. They did a great job. We both have great taste in pool design.
Here are a few early renditions of our idea. We decided not to have the pots as waterfalls and instead a longer and lower sheer waterfall face. We think it fits our future design plans for the backyard. Now I have to build or buy a BBQ Island.

Iggy

jjparrish said:
Welcome iggy :-D ,

Your pool is absolutely beautiful.......and I am totally jealous of your eight months of sunshine! 8)

Joyce

Thank you jjparrish
We still have a few months to take care of planting and my wife has her eye on some wicker wrapped patio set from Walmart on Line.

Here is the link to the new patio furniture she found
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. ... 0165458370

Iggy 8)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have exactly the same furniture from walmart around my pool for the past three years. The recliners are very comfortable and they have stood up well in the wet Florida summers and sun! It's not real wicker but some kind of composite material (plastic) and the cushions are waterproofed so they dry out quickly when it rains (or if you sit on them with a wet suit!)

waterbear said:
I have exactly the same furniture from walmart around my pool for the past three years. The recliners are very comfortable and they have stood up well in the wet Florida summers and sun! It's not real wicker but some kind of composite material (plastic) and the cushions are waterproofed so they dry out quickly when it rains (or if you sit on them with a wet suit!)

Sure is a small world we have here. Same patio furniture.
The furniture has some good and bad ratings.
Some say the glass top is too thin and that the simulated wicker comes unravelled at the bottom of the legs and around the table. But for the price it seems reasonable even with the shipping. I have been trying to find it locally but no luck yet. Guess I will have to buy on-line from Walmart.
Iggy

Hi Iggy, we've 'met' :wink:

I just want to say your pool looks great!! :colors:

As has been said, dropping the cya a little before adding the salt may be a good idea, with the rain you expect, you may only have to refill a little after wasting to lower the cya. One other thing: as the PB overestimated your gallonage, use the 6lbs of cya= 100 ppm to get a lock on how much water is in your pool and only add 200 lbs of salt at first (I think you'll probably need ~ 250 to get to ~3000 ppm)

Again, welcome to TFP :!: I'm sure we'll 'see' each other again as the season progresses (starts)

waste

Thank you for the advise.
I do only plan on starting the pool with 3000 ppm of salt.
Your estimate is correct with about 250 lbs.
We will wait and see as I may not even startup the Chlorine Generator for another month or so as long as I have FC/TC high. I just don't need to waste the power or equipment until I really need it later in the spring.
Iggy