Our Pool - finally posting photos (I hope)

RawhideKid

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 16, 2010
House end of pool looking toward waterfall. We end up painting the wall to right of rock same medium brown as in Ramada area. The "bases" of the wood poles" were also painted same brown.
[attachment=2:16wwskh5]pool 1.jpg[/attachment:16wwskh5]

Can Kinda see the TV above the fireplace in this photo....not any use of fireplace so far, but wait til winter!
[attachment=1:16wwskh5]pool 8.jpg[/attachment:16wwskh5]

Waterfall/grotto with wet steps:
[attachment=0:16wwskh5]pool 5.jpg[/attachment:16wwskh5]

Lot of fun...enjoying it a lot, although school just started this week.

RK

Attachments

• pool 1.jpg
    pool 1.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 3,455
  • pool 8.jpg
    pool 8.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 3,454
  • pool 5.jpg
    pool 5.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 3,454

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Very beautiful pool. One thing I would say is to be careful regarding the underwater stools. There can be times when people will not see them and someone might get hurt if they run into one of them.

hi all. thx for complements. been off this site for awhile...i'll try to post some construction shots.

Bathroom - the house we bought comes with an outside bathroom! wonderful in keeping the wet kids out of the house - to change, etc....
Agree about the underwater stools, but our water is crystal clear due to following this forum's recommendations, using the TFT test kit, and frankly, my anal testing of the water weekly.

We certainly made mistakes in the design/construction process, and I may change a few things in the future. I'll try to post a few shots that show the issues. Biggest issues include:
design of spa - I was VERY stupid in designing a sloped wall -thought it would be nice to recline like the fiberglass spa's. Oops- float too much and can't brace your legs like in a fiberglass pool. Also, builder put in jets that stick out too far. duh...
sunken bar - put in wooden cabinets...near water; near sun. we did put in electric drop shades (wonderful to cut the glare on tv) but still - cabinets will be replaced in another year or two....
last, the design of the sunken bar is fairly good but I should have bought the furniture and designed around it's shape and form...

pool itself is great. Bubblers are not as great as hoped; deck jets are ok. Lighting is awesome; equipment controller is awesome...

I'm a big fan of AZ winter's - sitting out in the sunken bar, watching football all day Sunday (after Church), drinking a cool one, turning the fireplace on in the evening...wow - incredible. Summer is of course great too, but i really enjoy the winters and the outside tv. We also turn on the spa and swivel the TV towards it and watch movies with the kids....

RK

here are some shots....a bit late stage. I'll look for earlier stage dig and other shots.

Attachments

• DSC07103.jpg
    DSC07103.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 2,128
  • DSC07135.jpg
    DSC07135.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 2,127
  • DSC07143.jpg
    DSC07143.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 2,126
couple more shots....enjoy. Happy to discuss with anyone the pro's and con's of certain elements. No expert but learned some stuff here.

Attachments

• DSC07457.jpg
    DSC07457.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 2,125
  • DSC07408.jpg
    DSC07408.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 2,126

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.