AquaRite SWG Problem

kspitz

Aug 9, 2011
My Aqua Rite chlorinator has "hot" indicating in the display window. It does this even with the chlorinate switch "off" and the cell cable disconnected. Must be a circuit board problem, I think. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks

That could be a bad connection between the cell cable and the main unit. It could also be a damaged cell. Something wrong with the control box is also a possibility. If you have access to another cell it is worth swapping them and seeing if the problem goes away (cell problem) or stays around (control unit problem).

Thanks for the response, Jason. However, the indication of HOT remains displayed even with the cell cable disconnected. I cannot clear the indication. Also, the "check salt" and "check cell" leds are flashing. The Goldline people say that its a faulty cell, and that it forces a fault indication of HOT even after the cell cable is disconnected. This is a new cell, so it shouldnt be bad. Is there some way to unlock this HOT indication? Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.