Kinda new

G

Hi everyone.
I'm beachbob and I've been poking around this forum for awhile but never introduced myself.
Just moved to Rehoboth Beach DE. I'm about 2 miles from the beach but don't go much in season due to tourists so I live in my pool.
You guys have saved me a ton of money and given me peace of mind. No dump questions here, everyone is treated with respect.
Great site and thanks for all the past help!!
:lol:

Hey Beach Bob!
I was just there two weeks ago!!! Actually went through Rehoboth, on the way to Ocean City...you know, the day it was snowing.
I was sitting in the Outlet mall parking lot by Old Navy when some siren went off for about 10 minutes!!!! WHAT IN THE WORLD WAS THAT!!>???

Poolsean said:
I was sitting in the Outlet mall parking lot by Old Navy when some siren went off for about 10 minutes!!!! WHAT IN THE WORLD WAS THAT!!>???

Warning the town that a tourist was there in the offseason!

Poolsean said:
Hey Beach Bob!
I was just there two weeks ago!!! Actually went through Rehoboth, on the way to Ocean City...you know, the day it was snowing.

sounds like the alarm here they test on tuesday , the tornado or natural disaster warning. i mean its LOUD. like the snow storm was enough, was it on a tuesday???

its like OMG its snowing THREE WHOLE INCHES, WERE ALL GUNNA DIE. :roll:

Welcome Beachbob, glad to have you around!

JohnT said:
Poolsean said:

Warning the town that a tourist was there in the offseason!

That's funny, but seriuosly, I think it was the "bald chinese guy is in the area" warning :mrgreen:

Gee thanks John.... it's nice to be loved. :roll:

Vince, yes...as a matter of fact it was a Tuesday. It had just started dropping some snow flurries. Actually I started the week up in Edison, NJ on Monday. The storm was coming in and just about followed me down the coast to Atlanta. The following week I read the news about all the accidents because of the roads were frozen over in Charlotte...where I was on Thursday.

Gotta head back to Baltimore, Ocean City and Dover second week in Feb.

....sorry to steal your thread Beachbob..... Welcome to TFP!

John T, I hold no animosity towards tourists , they help keep my taxes low. Groceries go up a bit in season but I'm tough and can take it. :)

Poolsean, Old Navy is very close to the fire house and the dept is volunteer so the siren sounds a long time to get people to the trucks.

Your right Rollin Thunder when it snows here people panic. I'm from PA and when we had our first snow down here the drivers drove me crazy. They have no idea how to drive in the snow.
I have been here a year and have not heard anything about tornado or natural disaster warning siren. I better check it out. I beg to differ with you about Buicks being "old persons" cars. I too drive a Buick., I have a Lucerne and I love it. I is really a nice car. Buick has really tried to change the "old persons" image and I think they did a pretty good job.

Glad to see this forum is so active off season, but I guess it's summer somewhere.

Thanks all for the warm welcome.

Beach Bob

Beachbob said:
John T, I hold no animosity towards tourists , they help keep my taxes low. Groceries go up a bit in season but I'm tough and can take it. :)

Poolsean, Old Navy is very close to the fire house and the dept is volunteer so the siren sounds a long time to get people to the trucks.

Your right Rollin Thunder when it snows here people panic. I'm from PA and when we had our first snow down here the drivers drove me crazy. They have no idea how to drive in the snow.
I have been here a year and have not heard anything about tornado or natural disaster warning siren. I better check it out. I beg to differ with you about Buicks being "old persons" cars. I too drive a Buick., I have a Lucerne and I love it. I is really a nice car. Buick has really tried to change the "old persons" image and I think they did a pretty good job.

Glad to see this forum is so active off season, but I guess it's summer somewhere.

Thanks all for the warm welcome.

Beach Bob

i learned today that every tuesday their is an alarm that goes through the neighborhood ( i have tuesday off and that never clicked in my head, lol) , and later found out that is out neighborhood watch center that if there is an emergency it warns us and they test it on the first tuesday of the month.

but we love our Enclave, and even my son loves it and wants to get his own. im amazed. but its so quiet ( i think has somthing to do with quiet tuning or somthing) and i get 21 mpg, very nice. LOVE IT. but people are shocked when i tell them its a buick.

Drove a GMC Acadia (the poormans Enclave) for week while on vacation in Tennessee. What a sweet SUV! I think the Enclave and LaCross are the nicest Buicks made. I can only go back to the only Buick in my family, a 1980 Buick Century that my mom had for 10 years and put on a whopping 26,000 miles!