Winter Covers

Hello, I am just trying to plan ahead for this coming fall & winter. Bought our house in April of this year and new liner was installed then and have loved every minute of having a pool.

Anyway, I started thinking yesterday that we have about 6 weeks of swimming left here in Georgia and my pool is under a fair amount of tree cover and I and don't want to be cleaning leaves out of the pool all fall and winter. Wanted to get some thoughts from others on here about winter covers, Just not sure what to use. I am going to get a safety cover next year, don't have the funds to get one this year. I have scoured the web looking at all the different ones. I live in a NW suburb of Atlanta. We do get some wintry weather (snow and ice) from time to time.

Thanks
Johnny

Hey Johnny, if you are going to get a loop loc style of cover next year, I would suggest the least expensive solid winter cover you can find. For your size pool, you'll spend less than $100. Hold it down with water bags. Some online sites sell packages including the cover and waterbags, just buy the least expensive one you can find.

Good Luck,

Tom

Thanks Tom, that is what I am leaning towards right now, should have worded my question a little clearer. I was hoping to get some opinions on that style of covers. I know it will only be for one winter, but don't want to uncover it in the spring and have a swamp to contend with :)

Have been using the BBB method for most of the summer since I found this site and had a good friend warn me about getting pool stored. They were trying to get me to buy everything they had, but I just looked at them and said no thanks.

Johnny

Well, those solid winter covers perform great, they keep out most light, all debris, and you usually open to a clean pool. You do need to keep the leaves and water off though, and that can be a pain in the neck. Keeping the water off usuallly requires a cover pump, that you need to move around. If your cover gets torn by a branch or an animal, then alot of leaves can get into the pool. But barring that, they work great, just a bit of work.

Tom

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.