Intex Pool Sinking

Aug 8, 2011
We just purchased and Intext 15 x 4" steel framed pool. We are first time pool owners so we wanted to try something like this to see what we thought of having a pool. We followed all the steps & it was fine at first, but now one side of the pool seems to be sinking into the ground. This is a huge concerns of mine.... Is there anything we can do with the majority of the water still in the pool??? Solutions? Oh and did i mention that the side of the pool that is sinking is the side toward our neighbors house... I really don't want 5,000 gallons of water in their house.... Please help!

ss_girl said:
Oh and did i mention that the side of the pool that is sinking is the side toward our neighbors house... I really don't want 5,000 gallons of water in their house.... Please help!

Could be worse, it could be in your house!

Just kidding

For future reference, a pad of some sort should be placed under the legs of this pool, they will prevent this. We used fence boards cut to about 6"x6", they have worked for nearly two seasons so far.

If it's just the legs that have sunk, it might be possible to jack them back up and place a paver underneath. There was an elaborate description of a jacking system here a couple months ago. I will try to locate it for you. Lifting those legs without a jack is near impossible, unless of course the Old Spice Guy lives at your house... he would be able to gaze at the pool and make it raise it's own legs. :~}

gawd... that sounds bad doesn't it?

OK, I found the last time I searched for that info for someone. Don't use the small bricks the OP in this thread used for leg pads... they don't work. The link to the jacking system thread is within this thread newbie-needs-help-asap-t36600.html

It may or may not work, you'll have to decide for yourself if the weight of the water is too much to attempt this.

You may want to drain about 1/2 the water before trying to jack up the pool. You don't want to risk bending the frame. Get some 6"x12" flat concrete pavers to put under each leg to give a firm surface and help distribute the weight more evenly. If you end up having to drain it completely to fix it we have several threads on leveling the ground for intex steel frame pools.

We had a 16' Intex Ultra Frame pool last year that was installed on too wet soil. We cut some decking boards (they have nice round edges, so we didn't risk having anything sharp up against the liner). We did have the boards in place before putting up pool, but due to the wet soil, some of them sank and/or slipped out. We did jack up the frame for each leg and lift it up to put more boards under or change their positioning. We used the car jack with a 2x4 extended to the top frame. Not sure if it was the best setup ... the 2x4 did slip a couple times, but luckily no one got hurt.

Be careful, and have a couple helpers hold things in place.

Thanks for your help guys! I will let you know how it turns out! We are having a party this weekend and i'm worried if we get a few kids in the pool splashing the water around that the side that is sinking will give. Hope this will work... I only need it to get thru a few more weeks!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It was level... We had to take ground from the other side of the pool to have it leveled... We had an excavator some in and do it because we had to move like a foot of dirt from the other side to level it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.