New Plaster & it's starting to rain. Should I be concerned?

Jul 5, 2011
Northern NJ
I guess the title says it all. The plaster guys finished about an hour ago and started filling the pool with two of our garden hoses.
They mentioned that rain may leave yellow streaks in the new plaster. Is this inevitable? Is it a stain that can be dealt with?

Any way to prevent this from happening? :cry:

It's supposed to rain on and off for the next few days......uhg.

Re: New Plaster & it's starting to rain. Should I be concern

No, he didn't. (He actually told my wife.)

I called the GC who brought him onto the project and he said not to worry.

I'm guessing acid rain might discolor the brand new plaster in some instances.....????

Fingers crossed that a beautiful job stays that way.

I hear you. To be honest he didn't speak great English but did a beautiful plaster job. (I'll have to post before and after pics)
We did get a spot of rain early in the evening but as of this morning there were no ill effects.
Feeling better this morn. Now two weeks of brushing the walls.

You only need a couple of hours for the plaster to setup before it is safe from rain. Hard rain right as they finish can ruin the plaster, but even after just an hour you are usually alright, and after three or four hours you should be totally fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.