Ground shifting during drought

I'm sorry to post this here, if it should be posted someplace else. Also, I apologize if this has already been answered, I did a search but couldn't find anything.

Being in north Texas, I too am a victim of this lovely drought. I noticed yesterday that the ground around the pool seems to have shifted, that the pebbled area around the pool has shifted up from the stone surround (I know there are proper names for this but the heat has fried my brain!) It's not by much, maybe 1/4" - 1/2", but maybe that is a lot when it comes to shifting, I don't know. Is there something I should be doing? Do I need to worry about the pool cracking? I have this horrible fear that I am going to come home one day and the pool will be cracked in half and all of my water gone. Or something else just as expensive. Please, o Wise Ones, guide me and let me know what I should be doing!

Thanks!

We are running into the same thing here in Houston. I water on a regular basis so my ground around the house and pool stay moist.

Another option would be to put soaker hoses around the pool and foundation and run them about an hour every few days.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.