Storm Cleanup?

May 3, 2011
PSL, FL
Hey Folks,
Storm season is upon us here in S. FL. I mean real storm possibilities, ie Hurricanes! In the past, I've just let the G3/G4 clean it up. Or if real big, I have a suction head on a pole. But I hate running this Crud thru the plumbing and pump.

How do you guys cleaning up a huge mess of Pine needles, leaves, dirt, sand, etc? I'd like to have something ready. I'm having nightmares about the year 3 Hurricanes went over my house the same year! Just bought a new house with a pool and I'd like to get my Hurricane Pool reclamation plan together!

les_garten said:
Hey Folks,
Storm season is upon us here in S. FL. I mean real storm possibilities, ie Hurricanes! In the past, I've just let the G3/G4 clean it up. Or if real big, I have a suction head on a pole. But I hate running this **** thru the plumbing and pump.

How do you guys cleaning up a huge mess of Pine needles, leaves, dirt, sand, etc? I'd like to have something ready. I'm having nightmares about the year 3 Hurricanes went over my house the same year! Just bought a new house with a pool and I'd like to get my Hurricane Pool reclamation plan together!

i used my robot when hurricane wilma went through. picked up screws and all sorts of stuff, does quite a job on the robot though. I would probably vacuum straight to drain if I had to do it next time. but my drain goes right to the lake out back.

Your first line of defense should always be the leaf net. Get a good one if you haven't already and be prepared to remove as much debris as you possible can manually. Once that's done, you can manually vacuum or insert your auto-vac and that should take care of the smaller, finer stuff that you couldn't get with the leaf net.

You can also vacuum using a vacuum plate to connect the hose and leave the skimmer basket in place, or buy a large in-line leaf canister to catch the larger debris before it hits the pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.