Best buy for Shock Product

In particular, the liquid forms of chlorine are superior because they don't add extra stuff to your water and thereby cause other problems later. Anything solid should only be used if you know your CH/CYA levels and want to raise them along with providing chlorine.

OTOH, if you can handle or need the extra calcium, cal-hypo is pretty cheap in the 90 lb buckets. I would never buy it in the 1 lb packets, too pricey. It keeps well in the heat and so is a good thing to have on hand for infrequent shocking. But only if your CH does not tend to run high. 64 oz will take me to shock level (from 3 to 18 FC) and raise CH by 11 ppm. For a serious problem where a lot of FC was needed over a long time, I'd still use primarily bleach, but cal-hypo 73% from Leslie's Power Powder Pro is great for a short duration thing.

Thank you all for the comments. Yes, I should remember shocking is not a product, but a process. I just want to confirm what the best buy product to do the process of shocking is, and I gathered that liquid bleech is still the best (economical too).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.