Fountain to cool down pool

Jun 19, 2011
I know alot of people have plumbed a fountain into their return to cool the pool and have had great success. I chose to take a different route and purchased a standalone fountain that runs 24/7 in the middle of the pool. The pool never gets above 90 degrees during the day and every morning it's about 80 degrees. I live in Florida and the temps have been in the mid 90s and my pool gets sun all day. This is the one I purchased and it works really well:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0840867477

Just another option for you if you don't want to plumb your return.

rowdy93 said:
I know your pain with high temps, I'm above you in GA. I use a fountain on my return and it works well. You may want to be carefull running it 24/7 because it's the same as aeration which raises PH.

Surprisingly the PH doesn't rise much. There's just enough "flow" to keep the pool cool without affecting the PH much. My PH rises much more during a thunderstorm than it does in a week with the fountain.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.