Intex pump question

Aug 8, 2011
Hello im new to pools and i know this is completly off subject but i have an intex 637r (1000 gph) pump and was wondering if it would be possible to leave the filter out and hook it to a sand filter? I have a muskin sand filter not sure of model number or size though any help would be greatly appreciated thank you

I have done this with very poor results. Pressure runs very low and there is no way to really backwash. In a pinch, it might get you by for a few days, I would think it is better than no filter, but I am not sure it was better than the filter in the pump.

I upgraded to a sand filter/new pump on ours and don't regret it for a second. I've not bought any more cartridges, and backwashing is easier than re-priming the intex pump. I still use the original one sometimes to help circulate the water or get chemicals dispersed more quickly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.