hayward pool pump troubleshooting with hose kinking

nelson411

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Aug 5, 2011
Northern California
Hi all,

I really enjoy reading in this board. I'm learning so much. As you can tell, I'm a newbie and I have a question. We bought a new pump for our 14 x 42 summer escapes metal frame AGP since the one that came with the pool sputtered and died.
We bought a new Hayward easy clear full flo element filter pump with 1 hp. It is up and running, but we noticed that the intake hose is kinking or bending in half. It reduces the pressure of the pump to about zero. If we hold the hose up to remove the kink, the pressure goes up. We thought about removing the kink by extending/holding up the hose by tying it with cable ties to the pool. Is the kinking of the hose a serious problem, like the pump is clogged or too much power for the size of the pool, or is it due to the the hose not having enough room to stretch out from the pool to the pump.

Also, we are getting tiny bubbles coming out of the return spout. Is that a good or bad sign.

Thanks so much in advance for any help.

Liz

Yes,I have found that some strap's alway's help..But if you we take some brick's or fix a flat area that the hose can lay on&be supported will alway's help..Let your mind work for you..Haave a neighbor take a couple 4 by 4rs &put in the ground&run some 2by 4rs to let the hose lay on to support..Used some nail's on the side of hose to keep it in one spot..You have to remember you have a AGP & you have to make thing's work ..inground pool's everything is permanent..

Bubblies are sign's of air getting into the system..It maybe because the hose is kink'd enough it is creating air pocket's in the hose..Not sure there are more people that would know more..I would def. get the hose supported..I have some brick's under my inlet hose&have a heavy duty strap holding up the return..Also I went to 3 ft hose's last year..That has help'd alot..You prob can get away with just 2by 4rs..Good Luck

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.