RAA's pool build

RAA

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 28, 2007
The Woodlands, TX
This is my pool, it is the first time I go trough the process. I had a very rough time with my PB and I can tell you I would not recommend them and wouldn't deal with them ever again. They are a very large PB and my dissatisfaction resulted from several factors. Some were outside of their control but as a whole, the process was not easy for me and they didn't make it any easier. By the time they started I was out of town a lot and was not able to see the progress for myself every day. The pool build took a total of almost 4 months from contract to completion.
If I had known about poolforum.com when I started this whole ordeal, I know I would have done things differently but I didn't come across that site until my pool was almost finished. I am so glad others have taken the time to start these other forums for those of us who were unable to register and contribute to the PF.

So here are some of the pictures my wife took of the progress:
This is the outline before those huge pine tress came down
raa_001.jpg

The Dig
raa_002.jpg

Framing (Is that what you call it?)
raa_003.jpg

Plumbing and Metal work
raa_004.jpg

Gunite
raa_005.jpg

Coping and Tile
raa_006.jpg

Decking
raa_007.jpg

Plaster and filling
raa_008.jpg

Outdoor Kitchen
raa_009.jpg

The pool filled in about a day
raa_010.jpg

Landscaping completed.
raa_011.jpg

We planted more tress on the back of the yard for privacy but this is pretty much how it looks.

15,000 Gallons. 7' Spa. The waterfall is small but makes a nice sound when its on.
Equipment:
Hayward 2 Speed pump (SP3020X252AZ) I think it's a 2.5 HP Pump. (i know i know, remember I didn't know about poolsolutions until after I started this)
Waterfall Pump: SP3010X15AZ
Hayward Cartridge Filter 525
Phantom Cleaner with booster pump.
Hayward 400,000 BTU gas heater.
Aqualogic PS-8 automatic control with SWG (wireless remote and spa side remote) and 24v Goldline Automatic valves.

Rick

Fist of all, Welcome to the site. Sorry to hear of the troubles you had. Look on the bright side, what a lovely pool and surround you have now to entertain and enjoy life with your family. When you have time to discuss, let the others that are reading your post, know what some of the mistakes/chamges you would have made. 9 times out of 10, someone will not have thought of something you may suggest. Once again, welcome. :D :D

I use the nutregina spray on sun screen...easy, no mess, not too oily (we keep it in the bathrooms, by the pool and in our ragtop!). Costco has 2 for 12 or something like that...and trust me, I'm dealing with remodel heck...but I try to sit out with a cocktail nightly, light the tiki torches and relax...it is after all our personal paradises! (and now I'm swimming in it!)

-Thomas

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.