New Compupool SWG Output % LCD Indications

akenis

May 12, 2008
SC
Realized last week that output of my Zodiak LM2 was quite limited because two chunks of the cell where missing when viewed from the bottom. Cheapest replacement I could find was about 350. Figured 450 for a whole new compupool would be worth it.

Swap was pretty straight forward wiring was simple swap, and the cell spacing was the same. Just cut off the old fittings, glued on 1 /12 to 2" converter which fits the outer part of the new fittings.

Great to actually see huge amount of gas pouring out of the thing. I noticed that the incremental LCD output lights have a lag with respect to selected output settings. Yesterday the unit was at 100% for a while and producing nicely. I set the unit down to 70%. Today, FC was down to 3 and I'd like it around 4.

So I noticed the output lcd only had one bar. Even when I adjust the output to 100%, I only get one bar. Ideas?

FC Down to 2ppm, and stuck one bar for output? So why won't this thing kick back up toward 100%? My salt is about 3600 and unit reads anywhere from 3600 to 5000. Don't really understand the units cycles of taking measurements and switching polarity.

assuming you measured your salt with strips...

put some chlorine in manually and wait until tomorrow to see if the unit will go back to full output after the unit reverses polarity
if it keeps going to one bar on polarity switch to one side it usually indicates a fault in the unit circuitry, or one side of the cell being bad (or having non-reverse polarity cell on reverse polarity system but not sure if it's possible with CompuPool)

a manual should specify how often it does polarity switch, so you can check then

Just took salt strip measurement... 4000 ppm. Also figured out how to switch polarity on comupool (hold up arrow for 5 sec). It's internal readings are as follows:

Polarity 1 3900
Polarity 2 3200
Temp 102 (83 actual)

I as contemplating the calibration feature when unit was reading around 5000ppm, thinking that may have throttled the unit somehow. Think I'll let it stay stock for now, and maybe adjust polarity 2 if it continues to read low.

FC was 1.5. Will add bleach to bring back up to 4 as you suggested. Will that somehow help the unit output more?

Other numbers as follows:

PH 7.8
FC 1.5
CC 0
TA 60
CYA 35
Borate 50
Salt 4000
CH 190
Temp 83

Anything there that would inhibit SWG output? Plan is to get CYA back to 75 (per pool calc vs compupool rec of 30-60) and TA back up to 70 (vs compupool rec of 100-120).

well nothing apart from salt level/temperature should inhibit the output bar.

it's possible that algae bloom consumes a lot of chlorine, but the unit should still be producing at 100%

if that's not the case you might need to ring support and ask them

Finally got a call back from support. They said they are sending a new LCD PCB in 7-10 days (but it shouldn't take that long)! Good support, but kind of a bummer that the unit worked for one day?

Gonna take inards apart and make sure nothing is loose in the mean time... and buy more bleach:-(

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.