About to go crazy

Sep 8, 2010
Hi everyone, I have an Intex 16' x4' round pool. I upgraded to a sand filter this year with a 3/4 hp pump. I think the sand filter is 18. The pool has the black plastic tubing coming through the wall for the filter in and return. They are 1.25". Evidently, they do not make those little white plastic adaptors anymore to attach a 1.5" hose on the outside. I bought 2 of those intex hose adaptors that screw onto the black outlets with the strainers through the wall. No matter how tight I tighten the adaptors, they keep sliding off. I have rigged up some PVC to barbed pieces to go from the adaptor to shut off valves and then to the filter. If I wrap some electrial tape around the black plastic coming out of the pool wall, will that help? OR should I break down and buy the Intex plunger assemblies (I assume they are for shutting off the water). Maybe the PVC to barb gizmo I made is too heavy and is pulling it off the black plastic through the pool thing. When I had the little white ring adaptors, everything was working fine, but I have lost one. Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions. I am at the point of giving up on this........Bill On the plus side, this year, we got the ground level and did not have to fill the pool 3 times! :-D

If I were you, I would try contacting Intex directly and getting the part that you lost replaced. Their number is 800-234-6839. It sounds as though the proper part is really your only solution.

bandmancwc said:
Thanks, I tried and they don't make that part any more.......
I recommend that you just buy the plunger valves. They aren't too expensive on Amazon. It's terrible that they didn't supply them with your pump. My sandfilter came with the adapters and the plunger valves. Good luck though.. btw we have the same pool! :-D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.