How to get the slider out of a sliding backwash valve

Aug 6, 2011
I have a PacFab inline push/pull sliding style backwash valve. After backwashing, it can no longer be pulled up to the full up position for normal operation. It stops short of full up by about a 1/4" of travel. It has a firm, rubberish resistance as opposed to a hard stop. I suspect one of the o-rings has jumped out of its groove and is getting jammed in the inlet/outlet gateways.

When I take the top off the valve and remove the uppermost seals and orings, it still won't come out - even with a lot of vigorous pulling and some poured in lubrication. Has the same rubberish resistance. The only thing left inside the valve are the two large slider o-rings so it has to be one of those. There is no way to access the internals from the 2" inlets and outlets since they are glued PVC.

Any ideas on how to get this apart without cutting it out? Is there some way to cut or disolve the orings?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.