What the heck in going on???

Jul 19, 2007
Katy, TX
Not sure if I posted in the right spot. Okay, we have our pool set up to come on at 8am and shut off at 3am. The past couple months we have woken up to our spa being on. Like at 5am. Not everyday but it has happened probably 20 times. Sometimes it is the spa (just the jets going, no heat) and others just the pool. I check the setting and the clock to make sure everything is reading right and it is. Yesterday it was an all out war with the darn thing. Husband woke at 5am to the spa, he turned it off. I woke a little after 7am and spa was on. Turned it off. By goodness spa came back on a little before 8am. Seriously it was a battle. This morning we awoke a little after 7am to not only the spa on but the heater kicked in and it was nice 102 degrees. Steam flying off. Between this and my Satellite randomly changing channels (whole other story) I feel like I am living with ghosts ;). Anyone have a clue to what might be going on or should I contact my PB??? Thanks.

What sort of controller are you using? Does it have an automatic freeze protection? Whenever the air temp drops below 36 degrees my pump activates and switches every 15 minutes between the spa and the pool. That doesn't explain the heater coming on though... It should run the pumps only and not activate the heater.

Hmmm...not sure what kind of automation system. I have an easy touch system. Does that help? I do believe that I have freeze protection which may explain the past couple days as it has been cold (for TX) but previous to that there were times it came on and it was not below 40 degrees. Hmmm.... maybe that is what is going on and I should just keep an eye for when it happens and what the temps are outside.

The default setting on the Easy Touch system is to run the pool for 15 minutes and then run the spa for 15 minutes any time the air temperature is below 35 degrees. Freeze protection is optional on each circuit so it is possible that it is enabled for the heater as well as the pump.

Wired spa side remote or wireless? Sound like a shorting spa side remote. That is the only thing it could be if it is random and freeze is not a part of the equation. You could go into the control box and disconnect the wired spa side remote and watch it for a week to see if it stops. That does not cost a thing and may answer your question.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.