Rust - Now what do I do?

It stays wet there as that's where we drag the cover off daily. I'm really regretting adding salt those two years I tried it. I really feel kinda of screwed as the track looks really bad to me. I wonder what it looks like on the side that's under the deck.

I suspect it's that carpet and water and not specifically the salt, I don't believe the salt content is high enough to specifically cause rust in/of itself. Bottom line is that steel + water eventually = rust.
The place where I pull off my solar cover is pretty much always wet as well.

water touching metal is not good for the metal.....ever. The salt may contribute but water needs to be kept away from metal or allowed to dry thoroughly.

Same as water lingering around wood....something bad is going to happen sooner or later.

I haven't dragged the cover off that end for the week and it remains wet about 6" out constantly. If we have a leak (which I really don't think) the water level isn't dropping. I'm wondering if it may have something to do with 95 degree days with 58 degree nights and sweating.....?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.