Once the green turns cloudy blue.

TulsaMary said:
So once my green turns cloudy blue should I continue to keep it at shock level?

You should continue to shock until you pass the oclt in pool school. If you let up and have not pass the oclt the process will start over.

So continue to shock as you would, do the oclt pool-school/overnight_fc_test until you pass then you can stop shocking. This is very important part of the process.

mynewpool said:
TulsaMary said:
So once my green turns cloudy blue should I continue to keep it at shock level?

You should continue to shock until you pass the oclt in pool school. If you let up and have not pass the oclt the process will start over.

So continue to shock as you would, do the oclt pool-school/overnight_fc_test until you pass then you can stop shocking. This is very important part of the process.
There are three criteria to determine when you are done shocking. See red lines in my sig.

Blue is better than green, for sure. But you still need to get to clear water. The white stuff is dead algae, but there can still be some living algae in there too, so you want to keep the chlorine at shock level. Keep brushing and running the filter 24/7. Brush any nooks and crannies where algae can hide out. Keep the pool clean, no leaves on the bottom or in the skimmers, wash the filter if it needs it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.