Only 60 Days untill spring!!!!!

No P in my ool

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 21, 2007
Logan IA
I'ts only 60 more days until the first day of spring and I can't wait! Snow has been on the ground for a month and a half and right now my pool is a 10,000 gallon ice cube but I'm ready to open it. This year I'm adding a Fafco solar heater and an Intex swg so there is less for my wife to do. As always, I'll do my 5 minutes a day and the weekly cleaning

Attachments

• My Pool.jpg
    My Pool.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 144
Thanks for the reminder, it feels like this winter will never end. We have been below 0 for the last few days now and have 2-6" of snow coming for tomorrow. The sad thing is I have always loved winter because my wife and I snowmobile 1 to 2 thousand miles every year. Last summer we put are pool in, and all we can think about is the day we reopen the pool this spring. Don't even care about the sleds for some reason?
:sun: :cheers:

SeanB said:
waste said:
No P, thanks for the uplifting post (unfortunately, for me, it means I've got to go back to work in 60 days :sad: )

Let me try and drum up some tears. :cry: :lol:

That's quite a break. What do you do in the off-season? Do you have some secret alter-ego? :batman:

Sean, and anyone else who cares, in my time off (~Thanksgiving to mid March/ April) I collect unemployment and look (1/2 heartedly, because I know my real job is there come spring) for work [it's a requirement of collecting unemployment - you gotta be "actively searching" for employment]. How I spend my days, when not looking for work, is on line checking out the pool sites (answering when I can) and doing some of the 'deep cleaning' that every homeowner must do periodically' -- little things like; reorganize the basement, vacuum the edges of the stairs and behind the furniture and the cobwebs off the ceiling. I have been trying to work on the DE info (it's a lot harder to make a comprehensive document than to just post the info :!: ) I also enjoy loosing myself for a few hours at a time to a good book or to a video game, all the while listening to Jimmy Buffetts RadioMargaritaville :rockon:

But when it comes down to it, I re-read posts I might have missed and study those that will help me perform my real job better come next spring.

I hope that everyone here is 'surviving' the winter well :!: (even if they have to work 5 days/ week :wink: )

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.