Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Only 60 Days untill spring!!!!!

1. Back To Top    #1

Only 60 Days untill spring!!!!!

I'ts only 60 more days until the first day of spring and I can't wait! Snow has been on the ground for a month and a half and right now my pool is a 10,000 gallon ice cube but I'm ready to open it. This year I'm adding a Fafco solar heater and an Intex swg so there is less for my wife to do. As always, I'll do my 5 minutes a day and the weekly cleaning
    Attached Images Attached Images
    21' Leslies Beachland Ag Pool, 10,000 gallons, professionally installed (best money I ever spent) Hayward 16" sand filter w/Pentair two speed pump Fafco 4x20 solar heater,Aqua Trol RJ. Borates added. Hard plumbed.

2. Back To Top    #2

No P, thanks for the uplifting post (unfortunately, for me, it means I've got to go back to work in 60 days )
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

3. Back To Top    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by waste
    No P, thanks for the uplifting post (unfortunately, for me, it means I've got to go back to work in 60 days )
    Let me try and drum up some tears.

That's quite a break. What do you do in the off-season? Do you have some secret alter-ego?
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Thanks for the reminder, it feels like this winter will never end. We have been below 0 for the last few days now and have 2-6" of snow coming for tomorrow. The sad thing is I have always loved winter because my wife and I snowmobile 1 to 2 thousand miles every year. Last summer we put are pool in, and all we can think about is the day we reopen the pool this spring. Don't even care about the sleds for some reason?
    16' by 32' cornelius AG vinyl liner, 6' deep end, 14500 gal.
    Hayward 250 Lb sand filter
    Hayward 40 GPM pump
    2-2' by 20' sun grabber solar heater.
    4 gal Liquidator. BBB

5. Back To Top    #5

9 deg. this morning, -1 yesterday morning its going to be a long 60 days.
    Ric W
    My Pool
    8605 gal fiberglass, 3/4 hp pump, sand filter, aquabot cleaner, heat siphon heat pump, tiger river(sumatran) spa

6. Back To Top    #6

Gee... A picture of a backyard without any mole hills. It's been a long time since I've seen that.
    Hotrod30

20 X 40 foot vinyl Borates and Salt Pool
    Rolachem Chlorine Feeder
    Hayward 27 inch sand filter with 80 lbs of pea gravel
    Jacuzzi Splash Pak SP55 DE filter in parallel
    Pentair VF3050 pump

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by SeanB
    Quote Originally Posted by waste
    Let me try and drum up some tears.

That's quite a break. What do you do in the off-season? Do you have some secret alter-ego?
    Sean, and anyone else who cares, in my time off (~Thanksgiving to mid March/ April) I collect unemployment and look (1/2 heartedly, because I know my real job is there come spring) for work [it's a requirement of collecting unemployment - you gotta be "actively searching" for employment]. How I spend my days, when not looking for work, is on line checking out the pool sites (answering when I can) and doing some of the 'deep cleaning' that every homeowner must do periodically' -- little things like; reorganize the basement, vacuum the edges of the stairs and behind the furniture and the cobwebs off the ceiling. I have been trying to work on the DE info (it's a lot harder to make a comprehensive document than to just post the info ) I also enjoy loosing myself for a few hours at a time to a good book or to a video game, all the while listening to Jimmy Buffetts RadioMargaritaville

But when it comes down to it, I re-read posts I might have missed and study those that will help me perform my real job better come next spring.

I hope that everyone here is 'surviving' the winter well (even if they have to work 5 days/ week )
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

8. Back To Top    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotrod30
    Gee... A picture of a backyard without any mole hills. It's been a long time since I've seen that.
    Trust me...There are mole hills,I just air brushed them out.
    21' Leslies Beachland Ag Pool, 10,000 gallons, professionally installed (best money I ever spent) Hayward 16" sand filter w/Pentair two speed pump Fafco 4x20 solar heater,Aqua Trol RJ. Borates added. Hard plumbed.