new here, in Southern Ca.

Sox,

Welcome to the forum!

This site advocates some slightly different approaches to what might be considered "conventional wisom" but it all makes sense and is based on techniques that most of us have practiced and found to be quite successful.

We're glad to have you on board.

Hey Soxlover...welcome. I'm an industry person too.

TFP is not really a pool owners vs pool industry people site, sorry if it looks that way.
It's a pool owners vs untrained pool store people that give bad info and don't care for the customer site, were the pool owners WANT to learn about their pools so they are more knowledgable and aren't paying for the pool store owners 26' Open Fisherman, or Hummer.

Makes a difference.

This place is like the show CHEERS!... we're all one big disfunctional family here.

Sean, I don't think he meant "VS" in a cage match sort of way. :lol: I think he just meant that the site is primarily geared toward pool owners. Fortunately, we have lots of pros like yourself who contribute their experience too.

What I really like about how the site has developed is that those in the industry who take the time to post, are doing it because they are trying to help others, not themselves. Those just out for themselves seem to get weeded out pretty quickly as most people can recognize a sales pitch disguised as advice. :wink:

I have a feeling the industry folks benefit too from getting an inside look at the consumer view of the business too.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support