Is it ok to close a green pool?

May 2, 2011
Hi all,

I just came back from a week trip to see the deadly green pool. I learned there was a bad storm in MD while I was gone. My question, now that the water is below the skimmer line I'm thinking of just closing the pool.
Is it ok to close a green pool?
What's the worst can happen. Can I also close for more than 1 year?
Thank you,
Jovian

Re: Closing an in ground pool

It will still be a green (or possibly black) pool next time you open it. You would still need to take precautions to protect the pipes and equipment from freezing in the winter. As for keeping it closed, we have had folks buy homes where the pool has been closed for years that went through the shock process and got them running again. Just keep a record of everything you did to close the pool and where you stored any equipment so you will have the info next time you open.

Re: Closing an in ground pool

zea3 said:
It will still be a green (or possibly black) pool next time you open it. You would still need to take precautions to protect the pipes and equipment from freezing in the winter. As for keeping it closed, we have had folks buy homes where the pool has been closed for years that went through the shock process and got them running again. Just keep a record of everything you did to close the pool and where you stored any equipment so you will have the info next time you open.

And don't forget to remember to put that info you wrote down in place you can easily find it when needed. :cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.