Sit n spa jet question

gmarch

Aug 5, 2011
I have what I think is called a "sit n spa" on the side of my pool. It has 3 jets and an air inlet on top.

We just used it for the first time this year, and when I open the air inlet, water comes out. It was functioning fine last year.

Thinking that there is a blockage, I checked the jets. Water is coming out the jets evenly and strongly.

I tried to adjust the angle of the jets, and they would not move. I am able to rotate the nozzle, but just not angle it.

I'm suspecting that my pool company put the wrong jets in when they opened the pool, but before I call them back (there will be a service charge, I'm sure!), I wanted to investigate / diagnose it myself.

I'm not 100% sure, but my jet does look something like this:

http://www.spadepot.com/shop/F-S-Manifo ... 3C693.aspx

I'd like to try to take it apart, but I'm not sure how.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

/greg

Your jets should push water. The valve you show has a air line for a venturi, that requires the valve/dial for the air line to be open, and will bring bubbles into the spa with the water it is bringing. I would if your air valve is shut or if you system requires a blower, and it is not on?

linen said:
Your jets should push water. The valve you show has a air line for a venturi, that requires the valve/dial for the air line to be open, and will bring bubbles into the spa with the water it is bringing. I would if your air valve is shut or if you system requires a blower, and it is not on?

Sorry - what I meant was this jet looks like mine on the outside. I don't know how to take it apart, so I don't know what it looks like on the inside.

Point is... The spa worked fine last year, and now water is coming out the air intake. I'm wondering if the pool company, when opening the pool, put the wrong nozzle or something, causing not enough flow? Although, the water coming out the jets is strong on all three.

Thanks,

/greg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.