Question about adding bleach

Mar 17, 2010
Spring, TX
There have been a few times recently that when I add bleach, it seems to bubble up to the top of the water and float around the pool. Usually when I pour it in, it goes straight down and is pushed away by the returns and never bubbles up.

Could this be a sign of bad bleach? The only reason I ask is last time it did this, I had an unusual amount of FC loss. I have checked for OCLT and pass with flying colors so it is not that.

Thanks.

RobbieH said:
I know when you bring a pool up to shock level when organics are present, you will see bubbling pretty often. Can you post a full set of test results? Do you have CC present?

FC: 2.5
CC: .5
TC: 3.0
pH: 7.8
CH: 300
TA: 120-130
CYA: 30

I am adding a lot of acid every 3 days or so to keep pH down, but the TA does not seem to really be dropping. Is that because I am not being as agressive with dropping it since I am only adding acid every 3 days or so? I remember when I had it at 90 pH would hold for like 2-3 weeks.

Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.